* Fresh foods like fresh vegetables, fruits, fish and so on contain enzymes. To make it clear, here is an example. Raw meat goes bad and decomposed quick, compare to cooked steak. Of course there is a method to prevent the enzyme activity.
* One of the features of enzyme is its activity by water. Therefore, there are some methods like dried fish, jerky, dried vegetables and so on, which prevent enzyme activity despite of low temperature and drying.
* It is often said that fermented foods have active enzymes but the result figures of analysis of fermented foods and drinks showed no or nearly equal to no active enzyme contained in them.
* There are so many kinds of enzymes and they all have many different kinds of roles. Protease, amylase, sucrasecdo you remember what you have learned in biology at school a little bit?
* For enzyme to be activated, there are some materials needed other than water. They are minerals and this fact is not really known in Japan for some reasons.
* Over thirty years ago, in the Holistic Nutrition in the USA, enzyme was already treated as a very crucial nutrient like vitamins and minerals. However, when I talked about this, not many specialists in nutrition understood what I meant about 20years ago.
- Written by TatsuhitoSanka. -